Occupational Health Nurse Education
There is no specialised education specifically for nurses working in occupational health.
Currently there are two multidisciplinary MSc programmes in which nurses are accepted, namely:
- Occupational Health and Safety, which is organized by the Medical School, University of Thrace and the School of Health Social Welfare Professions of the Technological Institute of Athens (www.teiath.gr, www.duth.gr).
- Occupational and Environmental Epidemiology, organized by the Medical School, University of Athens http://envocc.med.uoa.gr/
There are also continuous education activities, mostly multidisciplinary, run by different organizations. Most of the relevant activities are organized by the Hellenic Institute of OHS (www.elinyae.gr).
In addition to those, Occupational Health as a subject is included in:
- Undergraduate education of nurses at the Universities of Athens and Peloponnese.
- Postgraduate education in the MSc in Public Health and in Community Nursing. University of Athens.
- Undergraduate education of Health Visitors (Public Health Nurses). Technological Institute of Athens.
- Undergraduate education in Nursing. Technological Institutes
For more information contact: Panayota Sourtzi or S.Tziaferi